1. Data and information published on the TPI Centre's website are intended principally for investor use but, before any such use, you should read these following terms and conditions to ensure you are complying with some basic requirements which are designed to safeguard the TPI whilst allowing sensible and open use of TPI data. References in these terms and conditions to “data” or “information” on the website shall include the carbon performance data, the management quality indicators or scores, and all related information.
2. By accessing the data and information published on this website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these website terms and conditions. In particular, please read paragraphs 4 and 5 below which details certain data use restrictions.
3. The data and information provided by the TPI Centre can be used by you in a variety of ways – such as to inform your investment research, your corporate engagement and proxy-voting, to analyse your portfolios and publish the outcomes to demonstrate to your stakeholders your delivery of climate policy objectives and to support TPI Centre in its mission. However, you must make your own decisions on how to use TPI data. The TPI Centre cannot guarantee the accuracy of any data made available, the data and information on the website is not intended to constitute or form the basis of any advice (investment, professional or otherwise), and the TPI Centre does not accept any liability for any claim or loss arising from any use of, or reliance on, the data or information. Furthermore, the TPI Centre does not impose any obligations on supporting organisations to use TPI data in any particular way. It is for individual organisations to determine the most appropriate ways in which the TPI Centre’s data can be helpful to their internal processes.
4. Subject to paragraph 3 above, the Management Quality and the Carbon Performance indicators that are part of the TPI online tool and available publicly on the TPI Centre website are:
- Free, if they are used for internal and not commercial purposes, including for research, as one of the inputs to inform portfolio construction, for financial decision-making including cases of lending and underwriting, for engagement and client reporting, for use in proprietary models as part of climate transition analysis and active investment management.
- Restricted unless licensed where the use is for further commercial exploitation through redistribution, derived data creation, analytics, and index or fund creation (inclusive of where the index is used as the basis for the creation of a financial product, or where TPI data is a key constituent of a fund’s construction).
5. Notwithstanding any other provision of these website terms and conditions, none of the data or information on the website may be reproduced or made available by you to any other person except that you may reproduce an insubstantial amount of the data or information on the website for the uses permitted above.
6. The data and information on the website may not be used in any way other than as permitted above. If you would like to use any such data or information in a manner that is not permitted above, you will need the TPI Centre’s written permission. In this regard, please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org