- Data and information published on the TPI website are intended principally for investor use but, before any such use, you should read these following terms and conditions to ensure you are complying with some basic requirements which are designed to safeguard the TPI whilst allowing sensible and open use of TPI data. References in these terms and conditions to “data” or “information” on the website shall include the carbon performance data, the management quality indicators or scores, and all related information.
- By accessing the data and information published on this website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these website terms and conditions. In particular, please read paragraphs 4 and 5 below which details certain data use restrictions.
- The data and information provided by the TPI can be used by you in a variety of ways – such as to inform your investment research, your corporate engagement and proxy-voting, to analyse your portfolios and publish the outcomes to demonstrate to your stakeholders your delivery of climate policy objectives and to support the TPI in its initiative. However, you must make your own decisions on how to use TPI data as the TPI cannot guarantee the accuracy of any data made available, the data and information on the website is not intended to constitute or form the basis of any advice (investment, professional or otherwise), and the TPI does not accept any liability for any claim or loss arising from any use of, or reliance on, the data or information. Furthermore, the TPI does not impose any obligations on supporting organisations to use TPI data in any particular way. It is for individual organisations to determine the most appropriate ways in which TPI can be helpful to their internal processes.
- Subject to paragraph 3 above, none of the data or information on the website is permitted to be used in connection with the creation, development, exploitation, calculation, dissemination, distribution or publication of financial indices or analytics products or datasets (including any scoring, indicator, metric or model relating to environmental, climate, carbon, sustainability or other similar considerations) or financial products (being exchange traded funds, mutual funds, undertakings collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS), collective investment schemes, separate managed accounts, listed futures and listed options); and you are prohibited from using any data or information on the website in any of such ways and from permitting or purporting to permit any such use.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these website terms and conditions, none of the data or information on the website may be reproduced or made available by you to any other person except that you may reproduce an insubstantial amount of the data or information on the website for the uses permitted above
- The data and information on the website may not be used in any way other than as permitted above. If you would like to use any such data or information in a manner that is not permitted above, you will need TPI’s written permission. In this regard, please email all inquiries to email@example.com.